Now we all know that as far as TV goes, Castle and Project Runway will always have my heart…
That being said, I decided to make a foray into 2013’s fall pilot season. Why, you might ask? Well, Bob – mostly because I too am writing a TV Pilot. Yes, that’s right. After years of making my living, my ludicrously high paid living, writing novels for millions of readers worldwide, I’m making a change. But more about that later. For now, Bob let’s just leave it that I’m watching a lot of TV. Just me and my neck, me and the boob tube.
So here are my reviews thus far. I promise more to come as the week winds on and my neck keeps me busy.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – Watched the whole first episode. Won’t be watching a second one.
- Sleepy Hollow – Great pilot, lots of cool effects, enjoyed watching it…but I won’t be tuning back in. Just not enough hook to catch me.
- The Blacklist – Slow to get me, but I kept watching because I have a thing for James Spader. By the end though, I was all cards in. I’ll tune back next week for sure. I just hope the girl can keep up.
- Hostages – Eh. Couldn’t finish the pilot and maybe that’s because I tried to watch it right after Blacklist.
- Trophy Wife – Cute and fluffy. 30 minutes went by fast. I will probably watch again, but unless they tune down the screaming ex-wives and multiple children, I can’t see this one running the long haul with me.
- Mom – Lasted 5 minutes in…maybe less.
- Agents of Shield – Watched 2/3 of the pilot and finally just couldn’t take the cheese. Will purchase crackers. Will not try again.
More to come so stay tuned! (get it? stay tuned.) Someone please get me some Advil and an ice pack. I’m dying over here.
P.S. My list of shows has been compiled from “Best Of” lists thanks to Rolling Stone Mag, Business Insider, Huffington Post, TV Guide, IMDB, Newsweek, and the color Marigold.