Life has gotten in the way of my writing. Every morning I wake up thinking, this will be the day and every afternoon I sigh in resignation as another one gets away from me. I have so much to do and I need another me and another 24 hours to get it done. It’s like that movie Multiplicty where Michael Keaton keeps duplicating himself to stay above water. One clone to go to work, one clone to take care of the kids, the house, and the errands, and one clone to relax and have a life. I need that!
In lieu of a cloning lab coming to a store near me, I’m going to condense everything I want you to know, but don’t have time to tell you, into one, informative blog. Okay, here goes:
- One of my friends is going to Sundance with the very first movie he’s ever gotten made…I am SO happy for him. Good things happen to good people.
- The Descendants staring George Clooney; good movie, but I still can’t decide if I liked it – not sure what that says in terms of me recommending it
- I am trying to find bar stools right now as well as snow boots for toddlers and a rocking chair that reclines. Someone didn’t tell the retailers that we’re in a recession because I’m not finding good prices anywhere. I see the stool I want (over $300 – I want to pay $150), the boots that I want ($50, I want to pay $25), and the chair that I want ($1500, I want to pay $300). Now I just have to figure out how to get them for cheaper.
- I received my Christmas cards a week ago and still haven’t addressed them. Why isn’t there such a thing as a ‘come over to my house and help me address envelopes’ party? I’d happily provide some wine and cheese for that kind of help.
- Brett Ratner quit the Oscars…told you so.
- One of my best friends became an American citizen today. How cool is that?
- My husband built a toy house out of boxes and it is the most amazing house I have ever seen. It has a turkey in the oven, pictures on the walls, and birds and squirrels climbing around the windows…I think we’ve got a business model over here.
- I hate Netflix and all these terrible changes they keep making. Qwikster? Really? I’ve been researching alternatives – Blockbuster and iTunes seem to be the best options. No wait time for videos, you can stream new releases, and the prices don’t change every other day by 60%. I’m getting closer and closer to saying goodbye to that red envelope in the mail.
- Margin Call – I really enjoyed this movie even though I found it in only 1 theater in Los Angeles and it came and went so fast I might have been the only person who caught it. Put it on your list to watch. Paul Bettany in particular is fantastic.
- Last, but not least, McConnell’s Ice Cream is rocking my world these days. Yum! You’ve got to try it to believe it, but as someone who usually goes for the exotic flavors, this company really hits plain old Vanilla in the head. So simple, so basic, so delicious.
Until next time then…muqlpkwjv blah blah blah.