A little birdie told me about the new NBC cop show Prime Suspect starring Maria Bello. There are three episodes online so I began with the most recent. Amazing. Mario Bello is like GI Jane except she can’t run (trying to quit smoking). she can’t do pull-ups (or probably push-ups either for that matter), and she drinks like a fish. But no matter, that Detective Jane Timoney is one serious bad-ass.
Now you all know my love of the dramedy Castle starring Castle (my secret boyfriend) and his muse, Detective Beckett. Well, Detective Beckett wishes she could be as cool and awesome as Detective Timoney. Poor Castle needs to switch shows and follow Timoney around for a little while. He’d be smitten.
Let’s look at a little comparison to prove my point:
- Beckett: runs around in high heels chasing bad guys
- Timoney: sneakers, black
- Beckett: has hair out of a Vidal Sassoon commercial that bounces behind her in the wind as she chases criminals
- Timoney: ponytail or straight, greasy, and down
- Beckett: flawless make-up, perfect lighting
- Timoney: what make-up, what lighting? and she’s usually wearing shades because she’s either hung over or drunk