A friend of mine emailed me this last night and I can’t stop thinking about the first line. Five people would die for me? So of course, the first thing I do is ask Sam if he would die for me.
“Of course.” he answers.
“You would?” I ask incredulously. “Like if the house was on fire and only one of us could get out, you would make sure it was me?”
“Yes.” he answers again.
“What if we were on a boat in the Atlantic and we hit a huge iceberg and one of us could get into the lifeboat and the other one had to freeze to death in the ocean, treading water? Would you freeze to death in the ocean for me?”
Sam peaks his head out of the kitchen to look at me. “Why are you asking me these things?”
I’m not sure who those five people are, but it’s a heady thing to think that five people would tread water in the ocean and freeze to death for me. The rest of the list is pretty nice too so I’ve included for you. I also like number 4. I’m a huge fan of the smile.
1. At least 5 people in this world love you so much they would die for you.
2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don’t like you.
5. Every night someone thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. Without you someone may not be living right now.
8. You are special and unique in your own way.
9. Someone that you don’t know even exists loves you.
10. Sometime when you make the biggest mistakes something good comes from it.
11. When you think the world has turned it’s back on you take a look, you most likely turned your back on the world.
12. When you think you have no chance at getting what you want you probably won’t get it, but if you believe in yourself you can accomplish anything.
13. Always tell someone how you feel about, you’ll be glad you did.
14. Remember the complements you’ve received, forget about the rude remarks.